Values and ethics Club , NIT Jamshedpur was formed in the year 2009 under the guidance of RV Sharma. This club connects students, professionals and distinguished personalities on a platform for intercultural interactions and interdisciplinary discussions on issues which affect our lives. It conducts guest lectures, workshops, yoga classes, quiz related to values and culture and several other programs related to development of moral and ethics in an individual. Aim and objectives: To build a new generation with honest, non fundamentalist, patriotic, liberal and scientific attitude and strong ethical values. Membership: Values and ethic club adopts a policy of open membership. Any student or teacher who is a part of NIT Jamshedpur irrespective of his/her branch can join the club. Organizational structure: The executive body consists of members selected on the basis of work experience , year of joining and level of discipline with consensus and recommendation of professor in charge.
Important activities in Previous Years:
- Marathon run for "NON- Nicotine and Smoke Free Environment" in the campus.
- Workshop on "ART OF LIVING" by Dr. Paridisha Sen
- Guest Lecture on "Integration of Science and Spirituality" by Dr.Vijay Sharma, representative of Shantiniketan Haridwar.
- Guest lecture on "Stress Management"by A.K. Dutta , MBBS , MS and FRSH from London "YOG VIGYAN SHIVIR"by representative of PATANJALI YOG SAMITI.
- Guest lecture on "Science and Spirituality into cohesive paradigm of reality" by American Scientist Dr. Michael Cramo, PhD, Budapest University, Hungary.
- Special Guest lecture on "God and Google : Human Relationship in the Internet Age" by RM Gupta world youngest scholar.
- Guest lecture on Art Of Learning and Spiritual Living by Dr. Puthury Murali Krishna , Retd. Professor of Economics and Principal OSD, Hindu College , Guntur 2013 :
- Guest lecture on "Scientific Legacy of our Ancestors" on 7th Jan 2013 by Er. NIranjan Verma Maharishi Vangbhatt Research Centre, Chennai
- Guest Lecture on "Boundaries of India: An Overview "on 14th August 2013 by Dr. VK Singh, Chief Scientist at CIMFR Dhanbad.
- Yog shivir
- Work shop on Art Of Living
- Bharat Gyan Pariksha
- Personality Based Writing Competiton