The constant depletion of non-renewable energy resources is one of the major threat these days and this threat compelled the students of 2K12 batch of N.I.T Jamshedpur to look over some alternative energy resources and with this idea TEAM RAYS came into existence. It is the first ever initiative by the students of N.I.T Jamshedpur to develop a solar electric vehicle. The team aims at developing a highly
efficient solar electric vehicle to provide a breakthrough in the application of solar technology to the transportation sectors which is compatible for Indian roads as well. The outlook of our team is to develop an eco-friendly, economic and efficient solar car that could meet the current energy demands.
The team came into existence in the year 2014 with its dedicated founder Amber Katyayan and co-founder Sanket Raj and is currently under the guidance of third year students .
- The team proved its mettle by emerging as the overall winner in the INDO ASIAN SOLAR CHALLENGE.
- Ranked first in the break and acceleration test round in the IASC.
- Ranked first in the Endurance B test round in the IASC.
- Ranked second in the weight test round in the IASC.
- Ranked third in autocross in the IASC.
- Ranked 4th in the virtual round on IASC in our first event.
MILESTONES TO BE CONQUERED:
For more details visit us at teamraysnitjsr.16mb.com
- To continue the legacy of winning in the INDO ASIAN SOLAR CHALLENGE.
- To showcase Indian talent in the SOUTH AFRICAN SOLAR CHALLENGE and WORLD SOLAR CHALLENGE in the upcoming years.
- To participate in ELECTRIC SOLAR VEHICLE CHAMPIONSHIP and emerge as the winner.
- To prepare a solar vehicle which can run on road . Hence, provide a breakthrough in the automobile industry and hence fulfuill our motto of eco-friendly, economic and efficient solar vehicle.