A pioneer of Aero Designing in institute, Team Phoenix is a group of engineering connoisseurs committed to perform high-end aircraft designing and engineering. The team was founded in year 2011 by a model aircraft enthusiast Pratibha Tripathi, along with its committed team members Indushekhar Singh, Abhinav Singhavi, Shalini Das, Alka Sethi and Varija Raj under the skillful guidance of Dr. M.K. Sinha. From the very beginning, the team has been active in various National and International events and has achieved new heights in the field of aviation. Some of our team achievements are as follows:
- In 2017 SAE Aero design event, we ranked 15th among all global teams and 3rd among all the Indian teams.
- In 2016 SAE Aero design event, we ranked 14th among all global teams and 1st among all the Indian teams
- Participated in Micro class of SAE Aero Design East 2015 competition organised by Lockheed Martin, in Florida, USA, and stood 13th rank globally. Worked on development of compact aircraft with high payload fraction. We have designed one with 60 inches wing span, which can be completely packed in a cylindrical container of diameter 6 inches and 45 inches length in 10 parts
- Participated in micro class of SAE Aero Design East 2014, in Georgia, USA, and stood 7th rank globally and 1st among all Indian teams. The plane was awarded as the most stable plane of the competition.
- Participated in Two classes of SAE Aero Design West 2013, in California, USA,and got 18th rank globally and 1st among all Indian teams. Our two aircrafts were awarded NASA System Engineering Certificate as they achieved all the technical requirments of NASA in year 2013.
- We were the only Indian team to qualify among top 68 foreign teams to combat in world’s most prestigious student Design-Build-Fly competition organised by American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), USA in the year 2012.
We also believe in incorporating new ideas and Innovations in our RC Model Aircrafts. Some of those significant efforts are listed below:
- We are working on the design of manual and autonomous quad copter to take part in various Indian as well as International events.
- We are also working on the Efficient propulsion system in RC Aerodynamics.
- We are working on image processing in UAV, so that we can use the aircrafts for survillance and rescue purpose.
- Working on development of efficient model of aircraft to carry high payload with minimum empty weight.
The team is being led by team captain Dheeraj Singh under the guidance of Dr. M.K. Sinha along with Abhishek Mishra, Shubham Baranwal , Anurag Priyadarshi, Rohit Kumar Singh, Rupav Tiwari, Kartik Roy, Shubham Chatterjee, Tanya Omar and Saumya Kumari.