"Mechanical Engineering Society" is non-profit Technical Society updating vital information in field of Engineering and Technology founded in year 2012.
"Mechanical Engineering Society" represents the many faces of Engineering rather than any one specialization and is appropriate for all Engineering Professionals throughout their working life. To explore the technical knowledge of esoteric to exoteric, here is an open platform to all students to disseminate all the technical concepts and knowledge by becoming a member of "Manufacturing Engineering Society" and we join together as a family to explore all the pros and cons of manufacturing.
"Mechanical Engineering Society" seeks to bring together individuals, Institution and Education to evolve and develop Engineering practices. Apart from upgrading the professional skills of its members, MES aims at the following:
- To spread the benefits of Engineering Education to all.
- To represent the opinion of Members of the society, on matters related to the objects of society.
- To promote the values of Engineering and Technology and its applications.
- Promoting continuing education and training
- The main objective of the society is to improve the skills of students in the field of science, literature and extracurricular activities. The society will further look into the fields of some challenges provided by the Indian Society and the extent of help science can provide in improving it. The society will aim for the improvement of NIT JAMSHEDPUR in general and the Production and Industrial Engineering Department in particular.
- To conduct events for the benefits of its members like industrial visits which will be so planned that every semester students from second year onwards get a chance and at least twice in a year, including M.Tech. Students. To conduct Quiz Competitions every week on different topics related to Production and Industrial Engineering and for students of Production and Industrial Engineering. The students apart from Production and Industrial Engineering Department can also take part in it. Other technical events will also be organized.
- The three subsidiary functions of society will be teacher’s day, welcome function for Newcomers and farewell to seniors (passing out). Alumni meet is also to be organized every year for better interaction. Guest lectures are also to be organized on regular basis. Various co-curricular activities like cricket match between teachers of same department as well as other departments and students are also to be scheduled under this society.
- Chairperson : Prof. Prabha Chand (09431382699)
- Faculty Advisor : Prof. Shalendra Kumar (09431347117)
- President : Himanshu Pathak (08368722957)
- Vice-President : Kanhaiya Kumar
- General Secretary : Manish Rai
For more details, visit our Facebook page