One of the first SAE team of college, Team Drift has been the most active of all. Founded in the year 2009 by a group of automobile enthusiasts they took on the challenge to design, manufacture and run a Formula SAE project car. This team has not only won events in India but has also participated in various international events, bringing laurels to the college as well as country. The achievements are:
- Team Drift, representing N.I.T. Jamshedpur, India, successfully participated in the FORMULA STUDENT UK-2011 held at Silverstone Racing Circuit with their 2nd Car DR211 and secured 5th position amongst 133 teams from all over the world for the Prestigious Airbus Team Work Award.
- Earlier successfully participated in the static event of FORMULA SAE AUSTRALASIA-2010, held in December, 2010 at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. The team finished first in the cost event of FSAE Australasia and the car design was designated as the “MOST ECONOMICAL CAR DESIGN”.
- Supra SAE India in 2009 was their first event, held at Anna University, Chennai. The car built by the team, DR110, was rated 1st in car evaluation and the team became the 2nd runners up overall.
- The team went to Japan for FORMULA SAE in 2012 to prove its potential worldwide which was held between 3 sept. to 7 sept. 2012 at EUCOPA sports park,tokyo
- Ended 6th in Business Presentation and had the 3rd lightest car in FSI'15