The National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (NIT Jamshedpur) has MoU with the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) which is under Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
CPWD came into existence in July, 1854 when Lord Dalhousie established a central agency for execution of public works and set up Ajmer Provincial Division. It has now grown into a comprehensive construction management department, which provides services from project concept to completion and maintenance management.
It is headed by Director General(DG) who is also the Principal Technical Advisor to the Government of India. The regions and sub-regions are headed by Special DGs and Additional DGs respectively, while the zones in all state capitals (except a few) are headed by Chief Engineers. With country wide presence, the strength of CPWD is its ability to undertake construction of complex projects even in difficult terrains and maintenance in post construction stage.
NIT Project Division (NITPD) of the CPWD was opened at NIT Jamshedpur in 2013 to enhance basic facilities to various stakeholders through infrastructural development of the Institute. This Division falls under Ranchi Central Circle (RCC) in the Eastern Zone–IV (EZ-IV).
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed in December 2013 between National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur and Central Public Works Department for Construction, Renovation and Maintenance Works (civil and Electrical) on deposit basis.
Since its establishment in 2013, NIT Project Division of the CPWD has been instrumental in executing various projects and renovation works within the Campus which were awaited since years. Some of the major ongoing as well as completed project and renovation works undertaken by the NIT Project Division, CPWD are listed below:
Major Project and Renovation Works Completed :
Major Ongoing Project and Renovation Works :
- Construction of Cafeteria (Food Court)
- Roof treatment of all buildings (Hostels, Staff Quarters and Institutional Buildings) in the institute campus
- Renovation of roads inside Institute Campus
- Renovation (civil works) of all eleven old hostels - A, B,C,D,E,F,G H,I RLB and AHR and their messes
- Renovation of Internal electrical installation in all eleven old hostels - A, B,C,D,E,F,G H,I RLB and AHR and their messes
- Renovation of kitchens from conventional to modular in all eleven old hostels - A, B,C,D,E,F,G H,I RLB and AHR
- Renovation of toilets in the Academic Blocks, Laboratories, Administrative and Academic buildings
- Renovation of Material Characterization Lab in the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Renovation of Canteen Annapurna
- Construction of (G+6) Hostel-J
- Construction of (G+6) Hostel-K
- Construction of Mega Mess Block for Hostels J & K
- Re-organization of electrical power distribution system in the Institute campus
- Construction of bituminous concrete road from gymkhana towards Hostel-I
- Construction of Synthetic Lawn Tennis Courts (3nos.), Basketball Courts (3 nos.) and Badminton Courts (6nos.)
- Construction of internal boundary walls for Hostels A,B,C,D and E,F,G,H
- Demarcation of Institute Land by erecting pillars
- Construction of RCC Boundary Wall of the Institute with Gate and Watch towers along with External Driveway, storm water drain and street light
- Construction of (G+3) “Lecture Hall Complex” consisting of 36 Nos. of 120 Seated Classrooms and 120 Nos. of Faculty Chambers
- Civil and Electrical Renovation of Administrative Building, South Annexe, North Annexe and Academic Blocks 1,2,3,4,6 & 7
- Construction of 33/11 KV Indoor Type Substation with 2 x 6MVA transformers for 33 KV dedicated power supply to NIT Jamshedpur from M/S JUSCO Ltd.
- Providing High Mast Lighting for existing Cricket, Football and Hockey Play Grounds
- Supplying, installation, testing, commissioning of 200 KVA, 415 V, three phase silent type DG set for existing Computer Centre.
The NIT Project Division, CPWD is dedicated to all round development of the infrastructure of the Institute. The BOG, NIT Jamshedpur deeply appreciated the efforts taken by the Institute for the ongoing construction of two mega hostels J & K and also for complete renovation of all 11 old hostels of the Institute simultaneously done by the NIT Project Division, CPWD during the summer vacation 2014.
For list of CPWD officials associated with NIT Project Division
, Click Here
For copy of MoU between NIT Jamshedpur and CPWD
, Click Here
For Monthly Progress Report
, Click Here
For more information about CPWD