- To offer effective teaching-learning to students.
- To Provide the knowledge and skills to students so that they are recognized globally as well as become socially responsible.
- Training the students to meet the changing needs due to rapid technological advancement, so that they may offer the society the necessary technology and actively participate in all round socio-economic development programmes.
- To provide facilities, infrastructure and resources to conduct meaningful research along an developing an understanding of indegenous materials, capacities and technologies as well as their social relevance.
- To act as centres of excellence in technical education catalysing absorption, innovation, diffusion and transfer of higher technologies for improved productivity & quality of life at national and global level.
- To have regional consideration with regards to local needs, relevance, strength,limitations and the community services.
The National institute of Technology , Jamshedpur is one of the National Institutes of Technology in the country, setup with objective of making available facilities for higher education, research and training in various fields of science and technology.
The objectives for which the institute has been established are:
- To Create an environment for effective teaching-learning by encouraging the students and faculty to nurture their intellectual curiosity and scientific and research temperament.
- To hold examinations and grant degrees and academic distinctions or titles
- To confer honorary degrees , or other distinctions
- To award fellowships,scholarships, awards and medals
- Induction of highly qualified, talented, competent & motivated faculty, and trained & dedicated supporting technical and administrative staff.
- Establishment of excellent academic support facilities (laboratory, library, Internet etc) required for good education on continuous basis.
- Provide opportunities for continuously updating the knowledge of faculty through faculty exchange from premier institutions and industry.
- Establishment of procedures and methodologies for regular monitoring and control of quality of all academic programmes.
- Reforms in regulations and greater curriculum flexibility to students.
- IT enabled management of all activities of institute.
- Have strong linkage with industries.
- Technology up-gradation, development and transfer.
- Active participation of alumni in resource generation and planning and development.
- Organizing and participation of staff and students in in-house and outside training programs, seminars, conferences and workshops on continuous basis.
- Increase research and consultancy activity, with options for incentives and encouragement to motivate staff and students to actively involve in research activities in collaboration with industry and R&D Centres.
- Increase the number of continuing education programmes.
- Exchange faculty and working personnel from industry.
- Providing the society with necessary consultancy and training to solve local problems by organising community development programs.
- Increase demand and pay packages of the students.
- Increase Institute-Industry interaction.
- Entrepreneurship development.
- Increased interaction with educational and other research institutes.
- Continuous improvement and developement.
- Social responsibility.
- Financial management.