Production & Industrial Engineering department was started since 1988 with the name of Production Engineering & Management Department. The name of the department has been changed to Production & Industrial Engineering with effect from 2007 batch because this name is more popular and market/industry oriented The Department developed different laboratories like CAD/CAM Lab., Welding lab., Foundry lab. and Robotics lab. Development of two other labs. Namely Industrial Engineering & Ergonomocs lab and Non-traditional Manufacturing lab. is in process. Time to time curricula/syllabus was upgraded as per the market and technology requirement. The Department is running Ph.D. Programme. The Department is also running one M. Tech course as Industrial Engg. and Management and other is proposed to be started.
Academic excellence and sound research
Quest for academic excellence
Quest for concurrent research
Quest for industrial collaboration
Objectives of the Department of Manufacturing Engineering:
Strengths of the Department:
- Provide the basic infrastructure to cater the demands for the basic fundamental of the subject covered for the course Production & Industrial Engineering to provide a sound foundation in engineering and technology.
- To facilitate the development with better equipped high-end lab in collaboration with industry in order to make student a world class professional.
- To develop the curriculum beyond the regular hour to impart practical real life training to the students and teachers . To arrange seminar, symposium, expert guest lecture etc on regular basis to expose students and teachers in the current trend.
- To promote student awareness of the life long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and code of professional practice.
- The students are trained through the programme and will be well equipped with quantitative techniques of management decisions coupled with the knowledge of recent & newly developed technology, computer applications, so that they will be capable for significant contribution to industries, business and Govt. organization at all levels of decision making.
Head of the Department: Dr. Amaresh Kumar
Phone(HOD Office): +91-657-2374129