Computer Science and Engineering
The Sailent Features of the lab are:
- Around 50 wireless access points (54 Mbps) are placed in the building to serve wireless access needs.
- Access to home directories for all users is available through any machine using NFS and samba. B.Tech/M.Tech students avail 3 GB and Ph.D students avail 30 GB disk quota..
- Several Linux based servers are available for general purpose usage.
- Most CSE lab workstations are multi boot systems. These systems use DHCP for static IP allocation. Currently the lab workstations are running the Cent OS, Debian and students run Windows and/or Linux on their personal systems.
- The lab is fully air conditioned with UPS protection against power outages. A 60 minute backup is available for lab client systems and a 2 hour backup is for all server systems and room PCs.
- Central Networked laser printers are available through a central laser printing facility accessible through a ppr (with printing quota) system).
- Intranet website and MySQL server services are offered on a Linux server.
- Internet website & personal home pages are hosted on a Linux based Virtual server.