Out of total seats of 602 available in this institute, 50% (301 seats) are reserved for candidates qualifying from the state in which the institute is located and rest 50% (301 seats) are reserved for the other candidates based on the population of the respective state, which is decided by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Seats filled up on the basis of the All-India Quota of Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for the JEE (Main) examination administered by CBSE.
- Candidates shall be offered colleges based on their All India Ranks in JEE Main. To get admission in NIT Jamshedpur, score a good rank in JEE Main and apply through JoSAA .
- Candidates will be able to make their choices online for Institute selection. Select NIT Jamshedpur as the preferred institute from the list of Institutes provided.
- This is followed by the online seat allocation process by JoSAA.
- If seat is confirmed in NIT Jamshedpur, then visit the nearest Reporting Centre within the deadline.In case the seat is not confirmed, wait for further seat allotment rounds (if any).
- After this, report to NIT Jamshedpur for seat confirmation and admission. The verification of the documents would be done at the time of counselling/admission.
For general guidelines of B.Tech Admissions and documents required, click here
For Fee Structure visit